Monday, June 30, 2008

stupid computers

I hate computers sometimes. Even though I'm a helpdesk agent, I still make stupid mistakes. I moved our router and cable modem from the old office to the new office. The two machines that connect wirelessly are working without any problems. The pc that is directly connected to the router won't pick up a flipping ip address. It is configured with dhcp. Half the time it says that there is an ip conflict, but the ip it is picking up is 0.0.0.0. I tried "chatting" with the cable people, and that was COMPLETELY useless. I think even their chats follow a flipping script. I just need someone who knows what they are talking about to read what I tell them and then make some USEFUL suggestions. Why would it work in one room, but not the other? The only thing that I can think of is that in the move, I damaged the network card. But if that is the case, why is it even detecting that there is a network. I've rebooted half a dozen times, hoping it would pick something up. I connected my pc directly into the cable modem and it still didn't pick up anything. I want a new computer. But there are a lot of other things that I want more. And I need to be grateful. And I am. I'm just frustrated. This is the part of tech support that I hate. When it makes no flipping sense.

No comments: