Saturday, June 07, 2008

Prince Caspian

Chris and I went to see the Chronicles of Narnia Prince Caspian tonight. It was a very good movie, but it did depart from the book A LOT. Way more than I wanted. I understand some of it, because the way the book is written, it would be very hard to create a movie that followed the same path. So they would have had to change it some. But they added a few elements that didn't happen at all. They did some rearranging, so even though some of the storyline departed from the book, it still incorporated isolated events that DID happen in the movie (I would give you an example, but I don't want to ruin it for people who haven't see it yet). Definitely worth going to see, just keep more of an open mind. It is very well done, and the actors were phenomanal. I LOVE Georgie Henley (the girl who plays Lucy). It will be sad to not see Peter and Susan in the next movie. I hope that the studios do make the last book, and that they are able to use the same actors. I wonder if they will wait until the kids are older to make The Horse and His Boy. Or if they will just use other actors.

We went and looked at furniture today. I think we may have narrowed down our options to 2 different choices. We are looking for living room and office furniture right now. We would like to get leather furniture. I had a certain price in mind, but it looks like everything is a little more expensive than I anticipated. But I think that we will be able to get some good stuff if we are smart.

We didn't end up going to the Church Picnic. I had the stuff made, but we got caught up in furniture shopping, and lost track of time. :(

No comments: