Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

Hope that all you Dad's out there had a good father's day. We have been getting the office ready to put in the new furniture. :) We picked it up from Office Max today (we had to use the non-air conditioned truck). Then we cleared most everything out of the office, and put it in the foyer and living room. Chris doesn't quite understand why you have to create a bigger mess in order to organize and/or re-arrange things. It makes him crazy to have stuff all spread out and in your face. He doesn't mind if things are messy, as long as he can't see it. Denial can be a wonderful thing. :P

I think the office is going to look fantastic. I took some (really bad) before pictures, so once we get everything arranged, I may put up before and after shots. We are kind of doing it in two phases. Right now we have moved all of the stuff out, and we are going to put up the desks and get our office stuff put away. Next we need to purchase all our extra shelving. I think a trip to Lowes and Ikea is in the planning. :) So it will be a little while before it is completely done. I'm thinking by mid-July we should be good to go. Well before school starts.

The book challenge is going well. I'm still busy trying to add all my books to Good Reads, but after I finish that, I think I will start doing reviews. Question for you all. I have the Good Reads widget on the right-hand side of my blog. Would you rather it list the books that I am currently reading, or the ones that I have just finished reading, with my rating listed?

I don't want to jinx it, but right now I'm LOVING the Core program for Weight Watchers. It took a few days to adjust (stupid carb addiction), but now I feel great. I don't feel like I'm focusing on my food as much, and I'm definitely feeling more satisfied throughout the day. And with the extra weekly allowance points, I have the freedom to splurge in moderation. So far, I'm down 4 lbs in 3 days. I have definitely broken through the plateau! I'm hoping to stick with Core for at least the next month. Chris may switch back to flex, because it makes him a litte crazy to feel like he can't have certain foods (even though he wouldn't normally eat them). Anyhow, I was very apprehensive about trying Core, but now I'm very glad that I did

No comments: