Thursday, June 26, 2008

whewwwww

So I just had 30 minutes of anger/fear/frustration/agony. I was working on Chris' new computer on the budget. I had all the numbers for the past 6 weeks that I had to put into our budget excel sheet. I finally got it all in (after about an hour), and I was getting ready to email it to myself so that I would have it at work. But I couldn't find the files. Anywhere. I did a search. I looked everywhere that I could think of. I even looked in the temp files. But I couldn't find anything. The new laptop has Vista, so I wasn't as familiar with how to move around easily. We had a bunch of people over for worship practice, so I came out of the office complaining loudly. I work at a Helpdesk for goodness sake. I'm supposed to be able to fix this crap. After griping and complaining to Chris for 5 minutes, I thought of something else, so I came back, and low and behold, I found them. I had inadvertently saved them in the temp file, inside of a zipped file. I had looked there before, but I wasn't searching for the newest file extention for Excel. Stupid Rookie mistake. Unfortunately it was compounded by not being familiar with Vista. I could have sworn that I saved it in the documents folder. I'm just glad that I found them.

No comments: