Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Reading Challenges (non) update

So I'm starting to freak out because I'm falling really far behind on my reading challenges. I'm stuck on the book American Gods by Neil Gaiman. At first I hated it, now I'm warming up to it a LITTLE bit, but I'm having a hard time getting through it. Everytime I go to read it and make some real progress, I fall asleep. I don't think it is because it is that boring, I just think I'm really tired, and it is having a hard time keeping my interest to overcome the tiredness (does that make sense?). So I'm trying to really push hard to get through it. I can see why my friend reccommended the book to me, but I'm not so much into books that are THIS difficult to understand. I read for pleasure first and edification second (if at all). :)

I'm having NO luck getting the Twilight books from the library. I'm like 75th on the list. Sometimes I HATE the public library system in my town. Grr. That's okay, I'm pretty sure that I will like the books enough to want to own them, so I'll just pick up a copy at the store.

Hopefully tomorrow, I'll upload a progress report on the closet project. We have all of the necessary stuff purchased. The past few days I have been slowly getting a system worked out so that we can effectively go through all the stuff in the closet (as well as add the rest of the stuff from my room). I don't want to overdue it all at once, so I'm trying to break it down into pieces.

I didn't try and work on the computer last night. Part of me is magically hoping that it will fix it self. It won't happen, but I'm pretending it will.

Being a responsible adult sucks sometimes. We were going to purchase living furniture with our accident settlement. But then cold hard reality sunk in, and we realized we needed to do some very necessary repairs on both the car (breaks, shocks, exhaust) and the truck (timing pulley, air conditioner). So we are going to do that first, and probably just save the rest (if there is any). We will be leaving for North Carolina (Allie, we will be in the Fayetteville area, still trying to work out if we can head your way at some point) in a few weeks, so I'm really hoping that will be a good time. A few weeks after that we will be spending some time at the property in GA, and before we know it Chris will be starting school. Crazy how fast the summer fills up.

No comments: