Monday, June 23, 2008

How was your weekend?

Chris and I had a very productive and fun weekend. Friday night I made some progress on the office, and Chris studied for the GRE. Then we headed into Lexington for some hang out time at Shooters with some friends.

Saturday we had a wedding to go to in Wilmore. It was a beautiful wedding, and a nice reception. She did something for wedding favors that I had never seen before. Her colors were red and white. She had a tablescape set up with probably 15+ kinds of red and white candies in different containers. Each person got a small cellophane bag, and got to pick the candies that they wanted. That evening we went to go see Get Smart with Steve Carell. I don't remember ever watching Get Smart when I was a kid, but I was familar with the premise. I had seen some bad reviews of the movie, so I was pleasantly surprised to find that I enjoyed the movie. Steve Carell was hilarious, and perfect for that role. I would classify this as one of my favorite movies, but I didn't feel like I wasted my movie ticket either.

After church on Sunday, a friend from church came over and helped me finish organizing the office. That night I babysat for Bri for awhile, and then hung out with Christina and Amber. Like I said, we had a very full weekend!

Book Challenge Updates:
I'm a little stalled on my reading challenges. We are really enjoying listening to Pillars of the Earth, but there are 32 cds in the unabridged audio book, and we are only on 14. I'm also enjoying the Last Jihad by Joel Rosenburg (I think), I just haven't had much time to read this week with everything that is going on. I should have brought my book to work, because I have a dr. appt this afternoon, and that is always a great time to catch up, but of course I forgot it. I will either pilfer a magazine from somewhere, or start one of the ebooks that I have on my computer.

The CORE diet with weight watchers, is going really really well. I had a few lapses this weekend, but that was more due to poor planning. I'm feeling SOOO good physically when I follow it. And not really hungry at all. And the results on the scale are helping a lot too. I'll try and post my White Chili recipe that I make this week. All the ingredients are CORE!

I have a blog planned for this week on our Gourmet Popcorn Experiment. Stay Tuned!

No comments: