Sunday, June 08, 2008

Cicadas (and other stuff)



We have a large infestation of cicadas in our area of KY. I has been getting worse and worse over the last few weeks. Today, Chris and I noticed that our trees in the front yard are completely COVERED. Disgusting. Plus they are so flipping loud. I tried to take a nap this afternoon, and it was just too loud. Chris has a new trick. He will catch a cicada and put it in his mouth (alive) and wait for it to make its sound. It is SOOOO freaky. He also put about 5 of them in his mouth at once, and then did the whole Mummy thing where he opens his mouth and they all fly out. BLECH! He is even a little creeped out right now, since there are SOOO many of them.
We are both feeling better (pain wise). Chris has been a litte woozy lately, but I think it may just be something he ate or dehydration. It is so flipping hot/humid here. I know that it is probably hotter in other places, but I HATE hot weather. With a passion. I just feel miserable in hot weather.
I'm stalled on my books. I'm having a hard time getting into my current book. Partly because I have too much other stuff going on, and also because I read so much last week.
We went to look at furniture this weekend. I think we have it narrowed down to one or two choices. I'm excited. But we are determined to pay cash for it, so we will have to wait for a little while. But it won't be too much longer!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yuck! Now that is just not right!