Tuesday, October 24, 2006

10 lbs gone!


Well, last night's weigh-in was successful. Down another 1.4, for a total of 10 lbs in 3 weeks. So I got my little 5 lb star to add to my bookmark (you'll know what I'm talking about if you are a ww member - past or present). I know that my weekly losses will start to slow down, so I think I need to be more intentional about adding activity. I was supposed to last week, but it just didn't get down. I'll work on some laundry tonight, and pack my gym bag tonight, and reset the alarms for early. Then I won't even have time to think about it in the morning.

This weekend we had a successful garage sale. The proceeds will be going towards new furniture. Just the little incidentals that we have been living without. The plan is to get two bookshelfs for the living room (one for dvds and one for games), two endtables, two nightstands, a table for the entryway, and shelving for my office. If we have anything leftover, some more art for the living room.

I went to Meijer and bought 2 bookshelfs for 19.99 each. We were at Meijer on Saturday night and saw the same bookshelfs for 49.99. I wanted to sleep on it, so we came back on Sunday to get them, and they had been put on sale for 19.99 each! We came up empty at Garden Ridge and Bed, Bath and Beyond. Last night we went to the other Meijer to see if they had any matching endtables, and came up empty there too. We headed over to Target, and found a console table for the entryway on sale for $80 (originaly $99). So, the next priority is to get two nightstands. We may wait awhile on the endtables. They aren't as necessary as the nightstands.
So right now, this is what I'm considering getting for nightstands. What do you think?

No comments: