Friday, January 23, 2009

Historical Fiction Reading Challenge 2009

I'm going to join the Historical Fiction Reading Challenge. I put it off too long last year, and was SCRAMBLING to finish by the end (but I did!).

Here are the rules:

* Read 3 historical fiction books in 3 months from 1st Jan 09 - 31st Mar 09.

* Historical fiction will be counted as anything set or written prior to World War II. This will include classic novels, time travel novels or anything you feel fits the genre.

My books will be:

1. Celeia Garth, Gwen Bristow
2. Into the Wilderness, Sara Donati
3. The Constant Princess, Philippa Gregory

3 comments:

Meg89 said...

How do you keep up with so many challenges? :)

Good luck, and happy reading!

Anonymous said...

Oo! I've read the whole Sara Donati series. Loved it.
I highly recommend Outlander for either romance or historical.

Tiny Head said...

I've read all the Outlander books (a few times) and I love them. I tend to love series books, so I'm hoping this one will go well.

I'm mild compared to some of the other people out there that do challenges. I like to do small themed challenges to make sure I'm getting a variety of reading in. I'm really trying to break away from my "tried and true" books and find some new stuff.