Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Finally made it to the gym

Well, we made it to the gym this morning. Yesterday was a disaster. We got up and got dressed for the gym, but DH forgot to put his tennis shoes in his bag, and it took 20 minutes to find them. Then we left, and we were running very late when I remembered I left something for work on the kitchen counter, and I had to have it. So we gave up and went home and just got ready for work.

We did go today. I almost caved, but I wouldn't let myself. I only walked the track, and I didn't even keep track of how many laps I did. My knee started to hurt after 2 laps, so I didn't push it too hard. However, it was very empowering to be there and doing anything. I thought about how far I have to go, and how will I stay motivated. I still have my big goal of 120 lbs. However, I just can't focus on that because it is so far away. So I'm setting up a mini-big goal:

I WANT TO LOSE 20 LBS BY THE TIME WE GO ON VACATION (SEPT 12).

So that is the first milestone that I'm working towards. It will give me something to focus on. It isn't so tiny that I think it is inconsequential. It is a decent goal.

I will try and take a picture and post it on here to help keep me motivated.

No comments: