Thursday, August 10, 2006

Colorado Trip


We are still planning our trip to Colorado. We ran into a bit of a road-block when I re-examined our budget. Apparently when I was figuring out the cost of gas, I used the gas mileage for Cora (the corolla) instead of Ghengis (dodge ram). Quite a difference. Almost a $400 difference.

So after stressing for awhile, and throwing up every conceivable option, we have decided that we are still going, but we will be renting an "intermediate SUV". All of our stuff won't fit in Cora, and taking the truck could turn into a disaster. I was talking over all of this with the people at work, and my boss has offered to let me work some overtime on a special project. So cool beans. Very generous of him. Chris may work some overtime as well. We will also be tightening our belts for the next month cause there are a number of things that I would like to purchase. Right now, the plan is for us to camp in Colorado Springs for 3 days, and then go up to the Cache la Poudre area, and camp for 5 days.

I will post more details in the next few days. I may be posting a few polls so people can vote on what they think we should do in Colorado. I will also be finishing up our road trip saga. :)

No comments: