Wednesday, July 05, 2006

camping

I love camping. I have convinced Chris that he likes camping too, because he gets to go fly-fishing when we go camping. I'm afraid if I removed the fishing part of the camping trip, Chris wouldn't be as thrilled.

We are going on a short camping trip next weekend (we have a house sitter). I'm very excited. Today I planned our meals. Chris always complains that I try to make meals that are too complicated when we go camping, so I tried to keep things a lot simpler. The menu will be as follows:

  • Breakfast: Omlet in a ziplock, Breakfast Burittos, Squaw corn
  • Lunch: PB & J sandwiches and snacks *3 (we are having that meal 3 times), pizza burritos
  • Dinner: Frito Pie, Pork Chop Foil Dinner, Hot Dogs & Chips & Snacks
  • Snacks: trail mix, cut veggies, fruit, cheezits, diet coke, vitamin water and assorted other beverages

I will hopefully get to spend some time tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday going through our camping stuff, and adding in the new stuff Chris' parents gave us. I also plan on setting up the tent in our backyard this Saturday so I can re-seal the tent. I did a weather forecast for our camping trip, and it says "scattered thunderstorms" every day. Go figure. Well, the 10-day forecast isn't usually very accurate, so hopefully it will change before then.

I found this cool website that will generate a map of the usa, based on where you have visited. A lot of people on the Camping Life forums use it to show what states they have been camping in. So I have decided to create one for Chris and I. We have been camping a lot in the state of Kentucky. I'm kind of fudging a little, by checking off Ohio. I have been camping in Ohio, and I know that Chris has as well. And when we were dating, he came and visited me and my family at the campsite (I think we were dating, NO! we were engaged, and he brought the new truck out to visit us!). Anyhow, I'm going to count Ohio, because we were at a campsite together! It's my map, I get to make up the rules. And later on this summer, we will get to check off Colorado!! It will probably take a long while to get some of the other states, cause right now we primarily do tent camping, and we just go on long weekends. But hey, it gives us something to work towards!

No comments: