Tuesday, July 18, 2006

canada trip

We had quite a road trip. It was a fanastic trip. We traveled over 1400 miles in 4 days. That is a ton of driving, which we normally hate, but for some reason, it wasn't that bad. I think it was a combination of seeing completely new things, and a sense of awe that we were actually doing a spontaneous road trip.

On Thursday morning, I headed to Wal-Mart to pick up the groceries for our camping trip, while Chris was going to mow the lawn. However, it was raining so hard when I got back, that I knew that we had to talk about canceling our trip. We looked at the weather channel and the internet forecasts, and realized that if there was even a remote chance that it would rain as much as they said, and it was as hot as they said, that we would be completly miserable. I flippantly said that we should go on a road trip.

An hour later, we were re-packing to go on a road trip to canada via a trip around Lake Michigan. It was very exciting, and kind of out of charachter for us. Over the next few days, I will try and post a re-cap of our trip.

On another note, I tried to order a digital copy of "Dragonfly in Amber" by Diana Gabaldon from amazon.com, and I am having all kinds of fits trying to actually get it. I placed the order, and got the email saying that I should be able to download it from amazon.com's media library. However, when I signed in there is nothing there. I have sent an email to amazon with no response. I found a customer service number on the internet for Amazon, and called and talked to someone, and I am still waiting to get the stupid book. The whole reason I bought it was because I wanted to start reading it immediately, and I didn't want to download an illegal copy. Now, I'm almost ready to head home, and I could buy the stupid book at Joseph Beth. Grrrr.

No comments: