Thursday, June 01, 2006

whew

well its done. we are in our new house, and we have finished cleaning the townhome. sorry for the delay in posting. i promise a nice, long, juicy post of the following topics
  • the adelphia cable/internet drama
  • the uhaul saga
  • the never-ending cleaning journey
  • saying goodbye to Chris' parents as the move to northern africa

Needless to say, everything didn't go as planned. But the good news is, we are done. The closing went perfectly, and honestly, only took about 30 minutes. The actual move itself went really good, and we had the most amazing helpers. I can't thank them enough!! It is just the OTHER things that went down this weekend that made my life a little stressful. But like I said, we are finished with all of that!

Now we get to unpack the house, but we are taking it one step at a time. The kitchen is completely unpacked, and that is the most important. Our clothes are accessible and the tv/dvd/cable is hooked up. We are good to go. We did find some time to go furniture shopping, and we think that we have our dining room chairs picked out.

My parents got to come down and help, and it really meant a lot to me that they were here to share this with me. I'm such a sap, but when my dad told me he was proud of me, I wanted to bawl.

I know this post is all over the place, but that is where my brain is right now. Part of me was relieved to get back to work, because the work would be easier than what I have been doing!

No comments: