Thursday, February 12, 2009

Movie Review: New In Town

Chris and I went to see New In Town last week. It is absolutely hilarious. We both loved it. One of the funniest movies we have seen in a long long time. It is set in Minnesota. Renee's character is an executive from Miami that comes to this butter plant in Minnesota to downsize the plant. I don't want to spoil any of the storyline, so that is all I'll give you about the storyline. It is a heartwarming movie, that is filled with hilarious situations.

I think part of the reason that Chris and I loved it so much is that we both really long for that fictional small town community. Those perfect little towns where there are community gatherings, beautiful downtowns, everyone knows everyone, etc. We have both lived in small towns, but haven't found one that works like that yet. Oddly enough, I have felt really pulled towards Wisconsin and Minnesota lately. I think we will have to plan a trip there to see if my day-dreams are just my imagination, or if it is really that great.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

On behalf of the City of New Ulm, might we invite you here to experience the real New Ulm. Known as the City of Festivals, here's a quick rundown of some upcoming:
Bockfest & Fasching: February 21
Bavarian Blast: July 17 -19
RiverBlast & Flotilla: Sept. 4-5
OktoberFest; Oct. 2&3, Oct. 9&10
For more information, check out www.newulm.com or google above as Bockfest New Ulm...we hope you'll be enticed and come to visit New Ulm very soon!
Cheers!