Friday, September 15, 2006

We are Here!

We made it to Colorado. It was a very interesting drive. We got a bit of a late start, but it ended up being okay. However, in the late afternoon, I started feeling crummy. I had a headache, and it felt like my whole body ached. We stopped to get some advil, and I realized that I had a temperature. Go figure. I haven't been sick for ages, and now I am. Anyhow, we got some medicine, but my temperature keeps getting progressively higher. I got some zicam, and that seemed to lower the temperature and get rid of the aches, but if it wears off, then my temp is up to 100.3 or so. Needless to say, I'm trying not to miss anymore doses.

Kansas was interesting at first, but then it was very very boring and hard to stay awake. We are absolutely in love with Colorado. When we got here last night, it was dark, so we didn't really see the mountains then. When we got up this morning to head to the campsite (we stayed at my friend Shandra's last night) Chris is like "OH MY God" and I thought he had fallen, but he had gotten his first good look at the mountains surrounding Colorado Springs. At campsite is at 9500 feet elevation, so it was hard to setup the campsite. WE ended up having to buy a new tent because our tent is too big for the site, and it is about to blow away. So.

Sorry this has been all over the place. Please pray that I will get over this flu quickly. I'm frustrated that I'm sick, but I'm still trying to enjoy myself.

Love you all!

No comments: